Mackenzie U14 Skills Camp
The U14 camps will focus on developing strong technical skiing skills focusing on versatility. Athletes will have the
opportunity to train in specific disciplines while continuing to develop their freeskiing skills in a variety of different turn shapes, radius, speed, and terrain. The camps will provide an opportunity to expand the athletes’ repertoire of skills through drills that will focus on balance, timing, agility, variation in terrain and turn size/shape, generating and maintaining momentum.
Alpine Ontario maintains a small coach: athlete ratio, therefore, each camp may have limited enrollment based on coaching availability.
As the camp days are long in duration rest and hydration before the camp will enhance the camp experience and make it more productive.
- Racer to develop proper ski technique in various turn shapes, size, and speed
- Learn the proper timing for transitions and terrain changes in a course environment
- Learn what the equipment is designed to do in skiing
- Develop skills in the following areas: technical, tactical, physical, psychological, knowledge of equipment and ancillary skills
Expectations: The Racer Should…
- Ski technically better with a correct stance and proper balanced position on skis
- Demonstrate the appropriate amount and sequence of movements
- Demonstrate pole plant and rhythm in all turns while free skiing
- Ski with more confidence in gates
- Develop a feel for proper timing and line
- Leave the camp with new friends, a sense of accomplishment
The focus of the camp will be:
- Technical Freeskiing
- Full-Length Courses
- Drill courses creating an opportunity to help develop specific skills and tactics
|8 -8:30||PARENT/ATHLETE CHECK-IN|
|9:00||MEET ON SNOW (COACHES 8:55): SHORT WARM UP|
|9:00-11:30||FREESKI AND DRILLS|
|**Be careful of public skiers and HAVE FUN!|
|11:30-12:15||LUNCH [Bring your Own]|
|12:15-2:30||GATE ENVIRONMENTS: GATES AND BRUSHES FOR LINE (focus is on the development of confidence and skill)|
|2:30||INSIDE: CHANGE OUT OF BOOTS FOR “DRYLAND”|
The purpose of these camps is to provide a quality learning environment where the athletes can improve their individual skills.
Sign in for all camps will be at 8:30 am – you will receive location details via email from the AOA office a week prior to the camp.
To register for a U14 Skills Camp you must log in to your profile and add the camp to your profile. Login by clicking on the REGISTER button on the front page of the AOA website.
All Camps have a 1-week prior deadline and a late fee of $25.00 if you are able to register after the deadline (ie if not sold out). $25 cancellation fee applies at any time. No refunds for no-shows or day of cancellations.